www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Is it too early to start drinking?

10:30? I swear, whoever named the terrible twos must not have been around a three year-old. Carlisle, Rainey and I just returned from Carlisle's check-up at the doctor, which was horrible. She threw a fit about everything - she wouldn't be weighed, measured, I broke a sweat while trying to hold her still for the finger prick, pretty much had to physically restrain her to check her eyes, throat etc... I guess I probably shouldn't be writing about this on my blog, since I have given the link to potential babysitters in Spain so that they can check us out. Note to babysitters - she is normally very sweet, polite, lovable and wonderful - she just has her moments.

This is day 2 of being a "single parent", since Charles has gone to work in Jackson until we leave at the end of June. It is definitely more difficult without him here to deal with some of the tantrums. But I think this is a good opportunity for Carlisle and I to reestablish the pecking order around here. I AM IN CHARGE! (I think).