www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Love this time of year





Yesterday the girls were having monumental meltdowns about pretty much anything and everything. We needed to get out of the house, so I took them to campus to see the fountain at the "Quadrangle", which is the area between the library and the chapel (with building on each side too, hence the "Quad"). I just love this time of year, when the students all leave for a couple of weeks until summer school starts. Town is so quiet. Don't get me wrong, I love living in a small college town, the students give so much life to this town, but it sure is nice to not have any traffic and to be able to get a closer parking space at Wal-Mart! I know that Charles and I are students too, but I don't count us in with the 20 years olds anymore.

I took the girls into the main University library. I needed to check out a couple of books, and I knew there wouldn't be too many people in there for them to disturb. They had an excellent time turning the cranks to move the shelves. Then we headed out to the fountain. They threw in every penny I had. And of course when I asked Carlisle what she wished for, as usual, she says "For God to put a baby boy in your tummy". Sorry Carlisle, keep wishing for that one. Probably going to need to throw in a lot more pennies for that one to come true anytime soon!