www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Mine, mine, mine!!!

I have to share this story, Charles and I are still laughing about it.

So any of you out there with at least two children close in age will know what I'm talking about, and to the rest of my friends who may be in this situation one day - get ready! We probably hear "my" or "mine" about 10,000 times a day from one child or the other, usually both at the same time, with lots of screaming, tears, and the occasional shove involved. We were all in the car yesterday and the girls and I were singing songs. Rainey was in a bit of a mood, being a little bossy about who was allowed to sing at what time. So Carlisle and I convince her that we should all sing London Bridge together, she agrees, we all sing. Going along quite nicely until the last part "my fair lady", in which Rainey bursts into tears and screaming at the top of her lungs, "No, it's MY fair lady, MY fair lady, MINE, MINE, MINE..."

Poor second child - has to fight for everything.