www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2020 Olympics Here We Come

Okay, maybe not. But Carlisle did have her first gymnastics lesson today. She really loved it. I can't say that I saw any obvious raw talent (hard to believe I know, considering her mother can't even touch her toes), but I was just so happy to see her actually go out there and try and have fun. I'm not sure if I blogged much about the soccer fiasco - but let's just say it will be many years before she ever convinces me to enroll her in soccer again. She can be really really shy and I was afraid I would just be throwing away a bunch of money, yet again, for an activity that she won't even participate in once she gets there. Not the case however, she announced after class that she loved it and wanted to know if she could go again tomorrow.

She selected the leotard herself, if you hadn't already guessed. Shiny purple leopard print, purple velvet, and rhinestones - the stuff of dreams. Here's a video of her doing the balance beam obstacle course. She's the girl in the front, not sure why that blonde is following so closely behind her. Guess she realizes greatness and just wanted to be close to it. ;)

Oh, and ignore the commentary on the video. Charles had just called when I started the video, so I was talking on my cell. And the quality is really bad because I filmed it from the observation area which is up above the gym and behind glass.




Here is a close up of the leotard, and a picture of Carlisle "teaching" Rainey how to do the balance beam. She constructed her own beam out of our dining room chairs.