www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ironing

Let's see, we've lived in our house for 4 1/2 months now and this morning I finally got around to unpacking the iron. There are still about 10 boxes in a closet that haven't been unpacked, so I knew the iron had to be in one of those - just to clear up anyone that was thinking I haven't ironed because I didn't know where my iron was. I knew where it was, I just didn't want to unpack it.

I totally despise ironing. The only reason I decided to do it this morning is because I was pulling out a shirt that was really too wrinkled to wear (which is a pretty low standard around our house). I was about to put the shirt back in the closet, when I realized that I would probably never wear this shirt again unless I got the iron out.

My mother-in-law LOVES ironing. She irons everything, pillow cases, jeans, t-shirts... Don't get me wrong, I would much prefer our clothes to be ironed, but apparently I don't care enough to actually do any ironing more than a few times a year.

I don't usually solicit comments - but drop me a comment and let me know where you stand on ironing. I'm wondering if this is a generational thing and most women my age don't really iron - or if I'm just lazy and need to get my rear in gear on the ironing.