www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Europe - finally




I have promised pictures of Europe to many of you and of course, never shown you any. There is good reason. Mainly, as usual, it is the husband's fault (i don't mean that things are generally MY husband's fault, just husbands in general). But as the rest of the house slept this Saturday morning, I covertly rescued a select few pictures from Charles's computer, a.k.a. "where pictures go to die". Seriously, there are thousands of pictures stored on his computer that have no hope of ever reaching their true potential. Anyway, first set of pictures is Amsterdam. Click on the last picture of the set and check out the backdrop - this would be the "Red Light" district (where we only visited during the day, and only for very brief time, and where I was one of the very few "non-working" women in the area.

Okay, we're about to go to the gym, so I've got to get off the computer. You've waited this long to see them, I'm sure another few hours or days won't kill you. I'll post the rest of the trip later.

One last thing, don't you love the red car. I think that it is the real reason we want to join the Foreign Service. We secretly want to live somewhere it is acceptable to drive a toy car on the street.