In honor of Carlisle's big 4 year birthday tomorrow, I thought I would share some of the stories that have kept us in stitches lately.
1.) Jesus is in my bottom
I won't go in the full story, but due to an adamant belief that God is in her heart and therefore no room for anyone else, she decided that Jesus must live in her bottom.
2.) Don't worship Noah
Carlisle really likes me to sing "You are my Sunshine" to her before she goes to bed. She insists that I also sing the second verse - you know the verse, "...I dreamt I held you in my arms, when I awaken, I was mistaken, and I hung my head down and cried..."
So afterward she always wants to talk about why the person in the song was crying. She has decided that it is because they don't have any children. So she asks me, "Mommy, why do some people not have any children?" Of course I go in to a multitude of reasons for why all people don't have children. Then she interrupts me to say, "Maybe everyone doesn't get to have children because they don't have God in their hearts. Maybe they have Noah in their hearts."
3.) Can Jesus have his cake and eat it too?
This is priceless. Yesterday Carlisle was explaining to me how everything has to eat to live. I agreed. Then I see the little wheels turning in her head, and she announces that maybe Jesus didn't eat enough and that is why he died.
So I explained that no that wasn't the reason, and tried my best to explain on a 4 year old level why he died. Then I thought I should take advantage of the opportunity to remind her what Christmas is really about (besides Santa and Reindeer). We discussed how Christmas is Jesus's birthday.
She thinks a minute and then asks, "well, is Jesus still dead?"
"Well, yes, but..." I start to explain some more.
But she interrupts with, "Well, how is he going to eat his birthday cake if he's dead?"
And on that note - it's back to the kitchen to put pink frosting on the pink cupcakes to take to her class tomorrow.
boys
11 years ago