www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Quick Update

We're here and still alive. Two days of the Bar down and one to go. Yesterday was not as bad as I thought. Today wasn't bad, but I don't feel as confident as I did yesterday. Of course Charles always thinks he does well.

So we also have something exciting going on while we're trying to concentrate on the test. We finished up testing yesterday, got back to our room (we're staying at the hotel where the test is administered), and had an email with an offer contract for our house. Turns out the low-ball offerers from a couple of weeks ago came up on their offer. That was good and all, but then our realtor calls and tell us that we have ANOTHER offer.

What are the odds of that? Our house has been on the market for six months and now we have two offers on the same day. I'll spare you the details of numbers and contingencies - but the short version is that we currently have two pretty good offers, neither are contingent, both want to close April 1. So basically our realtor has just been going between them and letting them know when they have been outbid, and they raise their offer. We haven't had to do anything yet. We're just waiting to see if the bidders who are losing at the moment want to raise their offer. I guess eventually one of them will drop out of the race and we'll sign a contract with the winner.

I told my mom that I think there were so many people praying for us this week with the Bar, that it was more than we needed and it spilled over onto our house. I know not to get my hopes too high - both buyers could bolt simultaneously. But it looks good right now - so no one stop praying or crossing fingers or anything.

So that's our news. We're headed to eat dinner with Charles' parent and the girls, then back to our room to cram in some last minute studying before tomorrow. Tomorrow is 40% of the test, so wish us luck!