www.flickr.com
charlescopeland's items Go to charlescopeland's photostream

Monday, July 07, 2008

Camp Honey

Honey (aka my mom) kept the girls at her farm house in South Georgia last week. The girls had a great time with cousins, farm animals, picking blueberries... My dad's family always has a big 4th of July party, so I drove over on Thursday to rescue my mom and take the girls to the annual Spurlock bash. The children at the party almost outnumbered the adults, so it certainly wasn't boring. And someone brought cupcakes with bright blue icing, and you see what Rainey did with that (see previous post).

The trip home, 400 miles with both kids by myself, wasn't all that bad actually. Well, Rainey did throw up once, and I had to change her clothes in the blazing hot sun on the side of the the highway in Alabama.

It has been a while since I posted funny things that come out of my children's mouth, and I probably shouldn't post this because I'm not sure what it says about our parenting style, but whatever. While the girls were at Camp Honey, Carlisle made several memorable statements. Mom reported that on the way to Georgia they stopped at a hotel (Hampton Inn type place) in Montgomery for the night. When it was time to go out for dinner Carlisle said, "I'm just too tired, don't they have room service here?" Several days later, when mom told her it was almost dinner time, she wanted to know if they would be having appetizers first. But the best (or worst) was when she was playing "restaurant" with the little girl across the street and when the little girl asked Carlisle what she wanted to drink, she replied "a margarita on the rocks."

And for the record, I only drink my margaritas frozen, so she has obviously picked that up from somewhere else - probably Sesame Street or Dora. (or maybe from Charles, DeeDee, and PopPop);)