
Before I post Steeplechase pictures and rundown - here's a random picture of Rainey from last week. Bucket-head Rainey. All this bragging I do about my child prodigy Rainey, who has been speaking in sentences for months already, but yet she loves nothing better than to run around the house with a bucket on her head, running into things.
So Steeplechase. We got to Nashville before lunch on Friday. Sarah and Beth (sorority twin sisters of mine and Mary Morgan's, for those not in the know) were already there, so we all had lunch with Congressman Blackburn (aka Mary Morgan's mom) at this fabulous bakery, The Puffy Muffin, and then went for pedicures. We spent most of the rest of the afternoon in search of the perfect dress for Sarah, and jetting around town running different errands. Dinner was at a great restaurant, The Trace (I think is the name), but we tried to make it an early night to save up for Saturday.
Saturday morning, Mary Morgan and Paul hosted a breakfast for Steeplechase going friends. The did a wonderful job. Food was great, everything was perfect. They are definitely the hosts with the mosts. Here's Sarah and Beth, and Charles, chilling with mimosas and Pims Cups before race day.
Steeplechase itself was a good time too. A long day of a lot of eating and drinking with a little horse race watching. Here's me, MMBK, Courtney and Ansley during the day. Alright, Charles and I start a Federal Trial Practice class tomorrow, and have got to tell 5-10 minutes stories to the class in the morning. Therefore I must start thinking up a story now.
One more thing - for those that don't know Sarah and Beth - they have started their own clothing company, One Eye Toad. They have awesome polo shirts for men and women. I'll post a picture later in the week of Charles wearing his One Eye Toad shirt. But for now, visit their website and spread the word. www.oneeyetoad.com